Gateway to Magic

Gateway to Magic

Friday, May 22, 2015

Why I choose to drive 15 hours instead of fly

My family lives about 15 hours from Walt Disney World.  We still choose to drive.  Here's why:



  1. I have a family of 4, so it's about half the cost to drive than it is to fly.  Because my family has to vacation on a budget, that's a HUGE savings for me.  
  2. I like having our car while we're there.  We usually use Disney transportation, but once in a while it's much easier to just drive.  Especially at night, when everyone is exhausted, and we want to just get back to the hotel and go to bed. 
  3. The trip to Florida and home is a mini vacation in itself!  We stop at fun tourist places along the way to break up the trip a little bit and stretch our legs.  On our most recent trip, we stopped at South of the Border, and a couple beaches.  


For some tips on road trips with kids, see this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment