Gateway to Magic

Gateway to Magic

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Character meet and greets

My favorite thing to do in Disney World is see the characters.  The interactions can be quite amusing, especially with kids.  Here are a few meet and greets from our last trip that really stood out to me.

 While chatting with Tinkerbell, my 3 year old started rubbing her dress.  I panicked and told her to stop touching Tinkerbell, but she kept on.  The photopass photographer was laughing hysterically, and Tink took it all in stride saying "It happens all the time".  What a trooper!
 We were sitting on the sidewalk having a quick breakfast, when a castmember stopped to talk to us.  He led us up main street a little ways and said  to wait there, because a show was starting in a couple minutes.  When the performers came out, we were the only family sitting there, so this awesome performer came over and had a 5-7 minute conversation with my daughter.  My daughter felt like she was so important!  Once a little crowd had a formed, they started dancing.  I was so glad we got to see them.
 For some reason my 3 year old LOVED the green army men!  We met several of them, but this one really stood out to me.  The guy in the blue shirt in the background kept trying to jump in with an autograph book, but the green army man shook his head no and pointed to my kids. He spend a good 10 minutes with us, giving the girls hugs (they kept hugging him over and over) and messing with my son.  It was one of the best (and longest) interactions of the trip!
 Our very last Disney experience was breakfast at Ohana the day we left.  When Stitch came to our table, he plopped right down on my son's lap!  After signing his name, he licked the page.  For my 9 year old son, this was the BEST character interaction! He was laughing the whole time Stitch was at our table.  This was the best way to end our trip.
 The line for Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen was the longest line of our whole trip (about 40 minutes), but it was well worth it!  Princess and the Frog is one of my daughter's favorite movies, and she adores Tiana.  Just look at the way she's looking at her in this picture.  They joked with the kids, and were super sweet.
We met Goofy 3 times on this trip, but seeing him at Hollywood Studios was my favorite interaction.  When I was hugging him goodbye, he gave me a kiss!  The kids heard it, and said "Awwwww, Goofy kissed you mom!"  It made my day!

What are some of your most memorable character meet and greets?

No comments:

Post a Comment